PS 8 prides itself on a dynamic PTA, powered by a strong connection between our parent community and staff members. All parents and guardians of children attending PS 8 are automatically members of the PTA.
Please sign up for our mailing list to receive important email communications from the PTA.
- Build a vibrant and welcoming community within PS 8 and with the greater neighborhood community
- Facilitate an effective relationship and two-way communication between families, school administration, school staff, and community officials
- Raise funds to provide a wide variety of educational and cultural programs and materials to support school initiatives
Executive Board, 2023-2024
Welcome newly elected executive board!
- Co-Presidents: Carol Capece & Jennifer LaRusso Leung
- Vice President: Carrie Blake
- Co-Secretaries: Sarah Gilman & Julia Nestor
- Treasurer: Barbra Keck; & Assistant Treasurer: Lily Harger
- Fundraising Chairs: Avi Adiv & Fernanda Seelos
- Communications & Technology Chairs: Meredith Kurnov & Amelie Walker-Yung
- Class Parent Liaisons: Greg Donaker & Alicia Haley
- Committee Liaisons: Anita Baier & Heather Bollinger
- KidsCre8 Afterschool Chairs: Jennifer Rendeiro & Kasey Watkins
Executive Board, 2022-2023
Co-Presidents: Tara Williams & Jennifer Rendeiro
Co-Treasurers: David Salpeter & Barbra Keck
Co-Secretaries: Nancy Wasserstein & Kevin Chupka
Co-Fundraising: Red Fabbri & Melisa Melling
Events: Jessica Moro, Carrie Blake, & Jennifer LaRusso-Leung
Communications: Alexis Barad-Cutler & Carol Capice
After School: Andrea Mouzakis
Technology: Daniel Pardes
Our PTA Bylaws were updated on May 18, 2023.
The PTA gained recognition as a tax-exempt organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code in 1982. The formal name of the PTA is the Parents and Teachers Association of PS 8. Our tax identification number is 11-2578366.