Lunch / Recess Support
- Help younger students with their lunches
- Assist with compost / recycling / trash sorting
- Monitor students at recess
A weekly commitment is required. Please email Eileen at email@example.com if you are interested in being a lunch volunteer. Grades K-2.
Class parents help build community and serve as a communication liaison between classroom families, teachers, and the PTA. Ideally, each class should have two class parents.
- Create an internal class directory
- Periodically forward communications from the PTA and school administration to the parents in your class
- Recruit chaperones for field trips
- Assist with classroom events
- Manage the weekly snack sign-up
- Create sign-ups for class parties, parent-teacher conferences, and other events
- Help maintain the class wish list and remind parents to purchase from it
- Attend all or most of the monthly PTA meetings
- Coordinate your class gift for teachers and staff in December and June
- Plan and oversee your class project for the Annual Auction and Gala
- Organize opportunities for parents and students to gather outside of school
Questions? Please drop a note to our class parent coordinators, Jen Murdoch and Laurie Bomar, at firstname.lastname@example.org.