Dear 8th Grade Families,
The High School application results letters were distributed on Wednesday, March 7th. Congratulations to all of our 8th graders for their hard work and commitment!
The Round 2 Program List is now available here. If you are unhappy with the school that your child was matched to, you can have your child hand in a Round 2 Application and choose from the schools that are listed on the attached program list. Please pay close attention to the seats available in each school and whether they are offering seats in Grade 9 general education (GE) or seats for students with disabilities (SWD).
You can also go to the Round 2 High School Fair on March 17th or 18th to meet with Round 2 schools and get one-on-one help with your application!
If you are interested in having your child apply to any of the Round 2 schools, please request an application from Ms. Provenzano. Interested students must submit the Round 2 Application by Monday, March 26th.
Best wishes to our 8th grade students and families during this exciting/stressful time!
MS8 Guidance Counselor
Welcome to High School Admissions!
How Can You Get Started?
Use the resources below to learn about your program options and understand the admissions process:
- Visit NYC School Finder.
- Read the NYC High School Directory.
- Learn about Specialized High Schools.
- Learn about charter schools.
- Sign up for High School Admissions email updates.
- Sign up for Specialized High Schools Admissions email updates.
Directories and Information
NYC High School Directory
- 2018 NYC Citywide High School Directory
- Fall 2017 High School Fairs Flyer
- High School Admissions Events Calendar — Attend school open houses or information sessions to learn more about schools that interest you.
Specialized High Schools
- Specialized High Schools Overview
- 2017-18 Specialized High Schools Student Handbook
- Specialized High School Admissions Test (SHSAT) — Please see this FAQ document from 2017 for details on the test format including sample items and updates for the 2018 test.
- Fall 2017 Specialized High Schools Testing/Audition Information and Open House Dates
Other NYC and DOE Resources
- NYC DOE Action Steps Checklist
- High School Admissions Workbook
- High School Admissions Presentation
- Specialized High Schools Admissions Presentation
- Visual and Performing Arts High Schools: Preparing Your Audition / Arts Portfolio
Dance Audition Guide 2017-2018
Drama Audition Guide 2017-2018
Film Audition Guide 2017-2018
Instrumental Music Audition Guide 2017-2018
Visual Arts Audition Guide 2017-2018
Vocal Music Audition Guide 2017-2018
NYC Institutions MS8 Graduates Attend:
Click here for Class of 2017’s High School Results
Bard High School Early College — Manhattan and Queens
Beacon High School
Brooklyn High School of the Arts
Brooklyn Latin School
Brooklyn Secondary School for Collaborative Studies
Brooklyn Technical High School
Edward R. Murrow High School — Drama, Fine Arts, Communication Arts and Instrumental Music
Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School of Music & Art and Performing Arts — Fine Arts, Vocal Music, Instrumental Music, Technical Theater and Drama
Frank Sinatra School of the Arts — Drama, Vocal and Dance
High School of Art and Design
High School of Fashion Industries
George Westinghouse Carrier and Technical Education High School
Midwood High School — Medical Science and Humanities
Millennium Brooklyn High School
New Explorations into Science, Technology and Math High School (NEST +m)
NYC Museum School
Pace High School
Park Slope Collegiate
Professional Performing Arts School (PPAS)
Stuyvesant High School
Urban Assembly Harbor School