The PTA needs your help to provide educational and enrichment programs at PS8/MS8. We recognize that each family has a unique economic situation and not everyone can give the same amount. No matter the size, your contribution matters. Here are a few things to think about when making your donation:
- $150 pays for enrichment programs for one PS8 student
- $300 gives one classroom teacher the funds to purchase extra classroom supplies
- $750 pays for supplies, field trips, and speakers for one MS8 exploration program
- $1,000 is the amount the PTA spends per student for expenses not covered by the DOE
- $2,300 pays one PS8 teaching assistant for one month
- $3,000 pays for recess assistance for one month
- $4,000 pays for a 10-week human development and sexuality residency for 7th or 8th graders
What We Fund
- Full-time specialty teachers
- Guidance counselors
- Professional development
- Teaching assistants
- Enrichment programs
- Capital improvements
- Classroom and office supplies
- Exploration programs
- Bridges Math Curriculum
- Recess assistance with Kids Orbit at the lower school and Kids in the Game at the middle school
- PupilPath portal for grading and assignments
- Human development and sexuality residency
How We Fund
There are many opportunities to give throughout the year. Every contribution helps protect the programs our students love and retain the excellence to which our community has become accustomed.
Our largest fundraiser of the year. Many families opt for a recurring monthly donation.
Donate to the PTA every time you shop through affiliate programs.
Support the PTA by participating in the Annual Auction and Gala, Book Fair, Read-A-Thon, Paddlewheeler, and other events throughout the year.