K through 8th Grade
Wednesday, April 18th, 5:30 to 7:30 pm
Middle School Cafeteria
Four Ways to Particip8!
Celebr8 with Us!
Our April 18th evening event will offer lots of hands-on opportunities for kids of all ages to engage with science experiments, questions and activities.
IT’S SLIME TIME – Can you make it fluffy? Gooey? Sticky?
MAKE YOUR OWN EDIBLE DNA – Twizzlers + Marshmallows = DNA Strands
MIND GAMES – Can you get the ball through the complex maze?
THE MICROSCOPIC WORLD – See what’s beneath your skin!
HOW HIGH CAN YOU BUILD? – Challenge your friends to build the tallest tower!
Plus some exciting new surprises with our community partners:
|Learn the art of
making tea bags
|Sign up to sample short virtual reality games and experiences||Complete STEM activities for the chance to spin the prize wheel|
Tentative Schedule of Events
|5:25 pm||Participant Registration and Set-up Begins|
|5:30 pm||Exhibits Open: Explore Student Exhibits and “Let’s Do Science” Stations|
|6:00 pm||Welcome from Principal Trish Peterson and Celebr8 Science Committee|
|6:10 pm||Visiting Scientists Begin Touring Exhibits|
|7:10 pm||Student Exhibits and “Lets Do Science” Stations Close|
|7:15 pm||Event Ends|
Help us buy:
- ribbons and buttons to acknowledge students’ work and participation
- materials for the science experiences our science teachers and volunteers cre8 for students to enjoy
- poster boards and supplies for students who want to particip8 but can’t afford needed supplies
- snacks for our scientists and guests
Support our young scientists and Celebr8 Science by:
- Being a “visiting scientist” at Celebr8 Science on April 18th
- Working a shift at the Celebr8 Science event
- Helping organize Celebr8 Science by joining the planning committee
Contribute to the 8th grade bake/food sale HERE