Mandatory In-School COVID-19 Testing
In order for your child to return to in-person learning, you must submit the consent form for in-school COVID-19 testing. Mandatory in-school testing will happen weekly for a random selection of staff and students in all reopened school buildings. If you submitted a consent form before October 15th, please complete a new consent. There is an update in the language of the consent.
If you already have a NYCSA account linked to your student(s): Log in, click your student’s name, click “Manage Account,” and then when a dropdown menu appears, click “Consent Forms.” Read the page, and then choose the consent option at the end for your student. If you need to create an account, please contact Eileen Carrier.
You may also print, complete and sign a paper form. Bring it to your child’s school on the first day they are back. A printable PDF file is available in ten languages at on the NYC DOE COVID Testing page.
Daily Health Screening
Travel Out of New York State
If you visit a state other than New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Massachusetts or Vermont or travel internationally in the 14 days before attending school and visited for longer than 24 hours, your child may be denied entry to the school building. Covid-19 testing and quarantine is required as per the questionnaire above.
For any traveler to New York State from a noncontiguous state, US territory or CDC level 2 or level 3 country, the new guidelines for travelers to test-out of the mandatory 14-day quarantine are below:
- For travelers who were out-of-state for more than 24 hours:
- Travelers must obtain a test within three days of departure, prior to arrival in New York.
- The traveler must, upon arrival in New York, quarantine for three days.
- On day 4 of their quarantine, the traveler must obtain another COVID test. If both tests comes back negative, the traveler may exit quarantine early upon receipt of the second negative diagnostic test.
- For travelers who were out-of-state for less than 24 hours:
- The traveler does not need a test prior to their departure from the other state, and does not need to quarantine upon arrival in New York State.
- However, the traveler must fill out our traveler form upon entry into New York State, and take a COVID diagnostic test 4 days after their arrival in New York.